Thursday, February 11, 2010

inspiration in quotes

i've been going through some major changes these last six month. most of them have been excruciatingly painful but necessary. i wouldn't change a thing; in fact, i'd even say i'm thankful for these experiences. they are waking me up, bringing me back to myself to realise what i am (or not) doing to get where i want and need to be.

i've had quite a few dark hours where the negative got to me, scaring me into submisssion by way of doing nothing. during those moments of weakness, i actually turned to something: quotes. quotes from famous people, unknown people, business gurus, doctors and anonymous people. here is a collection of a few that have helped to make that dark brighten just a little.

i'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. i make mistakes, i'm out of control and at times, hard to handle. but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
-marilyn monroe

most people aim at nothing and hit it with incredible accuracy.
-anonymous


through our voice, the world will know it has no choice.
-curtis mayfield


if you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything.
― mark twain


always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
-judy garland

a sunrise has no stage fright so why would you?
-anonymous

your best friend is he or she who helps you bring out of yourself the best that is in you.
-henry ford


don't talk about it, be about it.
-mos def


your greatness is not what you have, its what you have to give.
-
yogi bhajan

be happy so long as breath is in you.
-yogi bhajan

some days you can't save the whole world. some days you just have to try to get your own house in order.
-yoga dork

No comments: