Tuesday, September 7, 2010

i suck at this posting thing

the summer flew by without one post from me. but it speaks to how how busy i've been.

here's a recap of my summer:
sharepoint. innovation and ideation. sexy brochure design for boring non-profit that became a whole branding strategy. the yoga studio and building up a client base. learning more about yoga and studying new methodologies. enjoying the lakefront with the dog. two dog injuries (a burnt pawpad from some dolts who left live embers by the foot of a tree and over exerting himself at the doggie beach). parties with tavo, barb and mike and then a few weddings. discovering the purple pig and girl & the goat. having kai and kevin spend a week with us, eating, talking and watching the world cup. watching my team win the world cup - forza roja! welcoming tammy and rose for a lakefront weekend. so many babies born this summer: giuliana, wesley, abigail and a few others whom i can't remember at this very moment. my birthday followed by a four year anniversary celebration with my partner, michael: we are blessed to be together. successfully playing cupid and joining two hearts with love's arrow. my lil' sister's engagement means saving my pennies for a month in Australia in OCT 2011. the loss of the loveliest of ginger tabbies, meepers: R.I.P. getting my dream kitchen by moving down one flight. picking out paint for the new home. shopping for the right couch and coffee table. getting my AIGA membership. getting CS5. considering a new macbook pro. or is it a desktop? hmmm.

but the best part in all of this: being told by two different people that i've helped them change their lives. this made me feel like i have done something good. i also realised that i changed my life, which was my nye resolution. i've never actually realised a nye resolution so i'm feeling pretty grown up about all of this. the point is, really, that if i can do this, so can you.

No comments: